Girl Badly Burned By Homemade Slime (graphic photos)

A mother in Massachusetts wants to warn other parents after her daughter was badly burned while making homemade Slime. 

It's safe to say that making Slime is definitely a hot trend for kids right now. I know first hand because both of my kids and even my nieces and nephews are into DIY slime right now. In fact, it's so popular that Michael's has a "Slime Headquarters" station at their stores. It's really easy to make at home, however it is now apparently dangerous too!  

Siobhan Quinn was excited when her daughter Kathleen became interested in making and playing with homemade "slime."

“I thought it was great. I encouraged it and bought all the stuff. And then when it was gone, I bought more. She was being a little scientist,” Quinn told her local news station reporter. 

But last weekend while Siobhan's daughter, Kathleen was at a sleepover, she woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. She took Kathleen to Shriners Hospital where doctors determined the blisters covering her hands were actually second and third-degree burns.

Doctors told Quinn the burns were a result of prolonged exposure to Borax One, one of the main ingredients in homemade slime. Scary right? 

(FULL STORY HERE)

Carmen

Carmen

Want to know more about Carmen? Read more

title

Content Goes Here