Young Boy Dies After Mistaking Dad's Meth For Cereal

posted by Carmen - 

Curtis Collman III, an 8-year-old little boy died on June 21st after overdosing on meth at the home of his father, Curtis Gilbert Collman, 41. The boy mistakenly ate his dad’s methamphetamine for breakfast thinking it was cereal.  He had 180 times the lethal amount of the drug, according to a toxicology report released Thursday.

Around 10 a.m., the elder Collman noticed his son seemed ill and called a friend who came over to look at the child, according to reports.

When the woman suggested calling 911, Collman Jr. allegedly ripped the phone out of her hand and said, “I’m not going back to prison.”

He then grabbed a handgun from another room and threatened to kill himself, the woman and his son, according to the Seymour Tribune.

Collman then took his son to his parents’ home, but fled when they too wanted to call 911, reports said. 

Although the suspect’s parents called for help, the boy later died.

Carmen

Carmen

Want to know more about Carmen? Read more

title

Content Goes Here