In honor of National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, here is Disneylands Famous Grilled Cheese sandwich recipe.
Disney Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Cream Cheese Spread
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
8 slices of artisan bread
8 cheddar cheese slices
8 provolone slices
For Cream Cheese Spread:
1. Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
1. Combine mayonnaise, garlic and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
1. Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
2. Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices.
3. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
4. Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
5. Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
7. Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
8. Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Here are some other quick and yummy recipes: