Man Dies After Drinking 1.5 Liters of Coca Cola In 10 Minutes


I know there's a lot of people out there who love Coca Cola but, don't do this please.

A 22-year-old Chinese man was recently reported to have died after he consumed a 1.5-liter bottle of Coca-Cola within 10 minutes in an attempt to hydrate and quickly cool off due to hot weather.

According to the reports on The New York Post, six hours after ingestion of the large amount of soda, he experienced gas buildup and suffered symptoms that comprised a swollen stomach, not to mention severe pain, and was eventually taken to a hospital in Beijing.

Even though the man had no existing health issues, doctors found him rapidly breathing with low blood pressure and elevated heart rate. A CT scan later identified unusual levels in both the man's intestinal walls and portal vein that's supplying the liver with blood. This, in turn, had reportedly led him to suffer "shock Liver", another term for hepatic ischemia, which results from a lack of oxygen to the organ. Eventually staff members attempted to fix the problem by discharging gas from the digestive system and managing medication but they failed. The man died 18 hours after.

For more details on this story check out The New York Post


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content